As finals are upon us, I’ve been reflecting upon my time in college thus far.
- Worrying will never solve anything. Stop.
- Grow where you’re planted.
- Do something every day that makes you uncomfortable.
- Ninety percent of anything is organizing your time and your thoughts. Lay down solid groundwork first; it’ll ease the process.
- There is nothing more precious and nothing more stressful than time. There’s almost never enough. Organize it early and be ready to re-organize as life gets in the way.
- People will break promises. People will come and go. When they leave, realize it’s because they’re on their own journey. You didn’t do anything wrong.
- What’s meant to be will always find a way. If you believe you’re not done with someone, trust that instinct. If people are meant to come back, they will.
- Try everything. But be safe! You’re so glad you did.
- Take the time to heal.
- If you hit rock bottom, you become a phoenix. And you will rise from the ashes if you decide to. You have to decide to.
- Stay home and recharge your batteries if you need to. You’ll get over your FOMO.
- Take at least one hour a day for yourself. You must enjoy your own company.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Realize that people will only know what you tell them. Never stop communicating.
- You come first.
- Breathe. If you’re feeling nervous, count to three before saying or doing something. This is not meant to minimize all anxieties but it can fortify your confidence to better articulate your thoughts.
- Eat something.
- Stop glorifying busy. Realize that there is an appropriate amount of time for every task.
- Buy that dress. You deserve new memories in new clothes.
- Be grateful.
- Trust your friends. They see you through an entirely different lens, and they love you.
- Social media is a blessing and a curse. You know the downsides; don’t let them destroy you. Take a break if you need to!
- If you can talk, you can write. If you can write, you can talk. Practice every day.
- Travel! Save money to travel!
- Enjoy your mornings. You love your mornings.
- You realized a problem with the American dream. We are taught we can do anything we want, but rarely can we do everything we want. You’re still working on that. Keep trying.
- Trust yourself. Trust someone new. It’s ok.
- Loyalty does not mean being close-minded.
- Meet your f*&#ing deadlines.
- Keep being a friend.
- Don’t rush any process. The chips will fall where they may and there isn’t anything you can do about it.
- You’re so special and you can be one of the greats. Just write down your thoughts and get them out there! Nothing is stopping you.